I had my 37 week appt. today with a sonogram. The sonogram indicated that the baby is measuring 1 week and 5 days ahead of what we think (he always has measured farther along). With that, his estimated weight TODAY is 8 lbs. 10 oz. YIKES! With 2 1/2 weeks to go that was a little scary. The sono tech did say that measurements can be "off" by a pound or two both ways.
I met with my doctor who agreed that he was a little big. She checked me and I am dialated to a 1. She checked my anatomy while she was "checking" things and determined that my baby and my size might not mesh well. She doesn't think that there is quite enough room for him to sneak out easily. She determined that a c-section would be best for me and him, especially given my previous back surgeries and the strain that a vaginal birth could put on my back and body. I was ok with her decision.
She does not deliver before 39 weeks so it looks like I might schedule a c-section for Monday, March 21st. There is still a chance that I could go into labor on my own and if I did I would attempt the vaginal delivery. Basically, she doesn't plan on inducing me. It's go on my own or do the c-section on the 21st.
I will keep you updated on anything interesting. Otherwise, it looks like we might meet Brady on the 21st!